Friday, April 8, 2011

Craft Room Relocation...

Here are some before pictures...

My incomplete desk and packed closet...

Since we are getting 2 more room mates, I gave up the bedroom I was using in favour of the basement. I do share my new space with the laundry washer and dryer, but I can handle that. My bedroom and bathroom are also in the basement, so now I officially inhabit the entire basement! I kinda feel silly that I hadn't thought of it before. Maybe thats because it was filled with storage boxes, an extra washer and dryer and lots of other things. I cleaned and sterilized the room and moved right in! I think it flows a lot better and its easier to get to everything.

AFTER:
Two big windows let in tons of natural light all day! Love it. See the fish in the vase? He's a Beta, no name yet. Suggestions?
The desk is now complete! Perfect for my sewing machine and serger!
Storage is a bit cluttered looking, I am putting the empty boxes that are on top of the shelf into the crawl space soon. Then I plan to put a curtain up on the shelf to make it look a bit better. I am not in a hurry, it functions well as it is.


Thats my new space and all of its awesomeness. Now to get back to crafting...

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new room - I know what it's like to get a new space - gives you more energy! Also thanks for the MailArt - loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you enjoyed the art! I do have a lots more energy and I am more inclined to spend my spare minutes crafting. I am also re organizing like crazy! I still have so many empty drawers in that desk, a fact I find astonishing. Maybe its time for a shopping trip, he he he...

    ReplyDelete